Approximately 80-90% of young people are affected in some way with acne and 20-30% seek support from a specialized doctor. Learn how to end pimples.
The acne is a skin disease very common, especially in adolescence, affecting four in every five teenagers. In most cases, acne resolves itself between 20 and 30 years. However, in some cases, and especially in women, can persist or arise for the first time in adulthood, in the latter case, it is the call acne late. Point in, the important thing is to end up with pimples as fast as possible and for this there are essential steps that must be followed.
AS CHARACTERIZED IN THE SKIN WITH ACNE?
Skin with pimples is a skin with excess oil, or is, is a oily skin and, consequently, with brightness, mainly in the ‘T-zone’ (forehead, nose and chin), being that there can be three types of acne:
- Acne retencional: results from a thickening of the skin which hinders the elimination of sebum, which contributes, in turn, to the formation of comedones open (blackheads) or closed comedones (white spots or microquistos);
- Inflammatory Acne: the skin-prone to which is associated with an inflammatory process. So, there are the inflammatory lesions, ordinary pimples, which can be of two types: the papules (look reddish) and pustules (with look yellowish, due to the presence of pus);
- Acne Mixed or Polymorphic: it is characterized by the simultaneous presence of lesions retencionais (black points and microquistos) and inflammatory lesions (papules and pustules), being the type of acne most frequent.
Although acne is not a serious disease, this presents a significant psychological impact, as it negatively affects the quality of life, self-esteem and the mood of the individuals and, consequently, contributes to the increased levels of anxiety and depression in this population.
As such, it is important to take care of skin acne-prone at an early stage. To do this some steps must be followed important to end up with the pimples.
END UP WITH PIMPLES: STEP-BY-STEP
1. THE HYGIENE IN THE FIRST PLACE
It is recommended that you use a care for hygiene without soap, purifying, able to control the quality of the sebum that is produced.
Contrary to what many think, the free in to-oily skin should not be too aggressive, since it can result in the weakening of the skin barrier increasing the risk of acne.
There is a wide variety of products to choose from, since the products on a gel for cleaning with water, as well as water casein for a cleaning with a disk of cotton.
During the night there is the production of sebum, so in the morning it is crucial to clean the face using your hygiene product of choice.
2. USE A DAILY CREAM ADAPTED TO THE SKIN CONDITION AT THE MOMENT
Local treatments include:
- Antibiotics that control the proliferation of bacteria, mainly used in inflammatory acne;
- Drugs which speed up cell renewal and prevent the clogging of pores, preventing the accumulation and retention of sebum, as well as cosmetics that help in cleansing and moisturizing the skin, preventing excessive oiliness.
Use only skin products non-comedogénicos, as well as makeup-comedogénica.
3. USE SUN PROTECTION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
The daily routine should also include an appropriate sunscreen for skin prone to acne, or with a texture and ingredients adapted to this condition.
Solar protection is essential to prevent the worsening of the lesions, as well as the formation of scars and hiperpigmentações (spots).
4. RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO SQUEEZE THE PIMPLES
Leave the black spots and pimples heal naturally (tighten can make them worse and leave scars).
5. TAKE MEDICATION ORAL
The oral treatments include, in addition to antibiotics, contraceptives, hormonal drugs that reduce the production of sebum and accelerates the cell renewal, being a valuable aid, and some cases to do away with the pimples. These drugs have as an adverse effect common to dehydration of the skin, by which, in these cases must be used a daily cream adapted that will help to prevent this dehydration, which often contributes to the failure of the treatment.
These medicines are subject to medical prescription and prescribed by dermatologists.
6. CLEAN THE SKIN AT THE END OF THE DAY
The cleaning of the skin should be bi-daily. This is the most essential of the treatment. Choose the product that gives you more pleasure in use so you don’t miss this step. Always remove the makeup at the end of the day.
The acne treatment is always customized, depending on its severity and the individual characteristics of the patient, should be decided and carried out by the dermatologist and with the support of the pharmacist to the success of the treatment.